Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Madison smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home’s security system as it incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in complete charge of your Madison home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it will help you and check out tips to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Madison do for you?
Wirelessly coupling to sensors and other implements through radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can arm or disarm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you may even talk to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a backup battery and cellular functionality to ensure reliable performance. It also offers complete remote operability through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the functions you can perform:
- View current or saved footage from your connected security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Madison by programming schedules or creating rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a specified time. Or, you can set preferences like having your front door unlock if the smoke alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will remain in the home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and everything in the home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The Smart Hub will post a notification if the system isn’t ready to arm. To illustrate, an open window or door will prompt you to act. Note that you can still arm the system by using the steps above. You will then have to verify that you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Madison
Despite the fact that many users can be entered when you first get your system, you will probably want to add another user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote access, select email or phone and enter the information to dispatch an request.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, just proceed to the menu, press users, pick the user you want to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Madison security system. Call (608) 470-6808 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.