What to do to cut down on false alarms in Madison
False alarms can be an actual problem for your home’s security. They not only lower the trust you have in your installation, but they may be a pain to resolve. Luckily, you can do a number of things to minimize false alarms from your Madison security system.
As the first step, be sure that everything is connected properly. This might appear to be an obvious course of action, but it’s often the case that overlooked mistakes trigger false alarms. For the next step, check out possible causes of false alarms, like windows and doors that could be left ajar by accident. And of course, feel free to use the various options like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Madison.
Might it be really that straightforward? Read on and see for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Madison?
Like diagnosing any issue, the initial step is to reference the manual. Ensure all your components are installed appropriately on your end by:
- Performing a diagnostic through your smart hub touchscreen.
- Manually inspect each device to ensure it didn't become dislodged or need a new battery.
- Inspect your preset schedules to be certain that your alarms aren’t activating at inopportune times.
- Ensure all recently added smart components are configured correctly and aren't disrupting your alarms.
Reach out to your Vivint agent if you still have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Madison system. They'll be pleased to send out a tehnician to inspect your setup.
Inspect your windows and doors
In the event your installation seems to be alright, the subsequent course of action is to do a sweep of your property. Are all your windows and doors closed tightly, or are any inadvertently open? If an entry point remains unsecured, it might trip a motion sensor. In the event your family routinely forgets to close an entrance, you might want to install a smart locking system that automatically locks when your home security is engaged. Unfortunately, windows need more manual maintenance, especially if you have a loved one who likes to rest with an open window. Luckily, your Vivint installation makes it simple to turn off that device while still guarding the remaining areas of the residence.
Automation can be a smart technique to cut down on false alarms in Madison
One of the best techniques to lessen the chance of false alarms is to include automation into your security system. By using your Vivint app, you can:
- Arrange a schedule to disarm when you’re in the house and avoid false alarms caused by accidentally unlatching a door or window. Then have your alarm system automatically set again that evening as you start your bedtime routine.
- Have your system disengage when your smart lock is initiated with the correct number combination.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system if you exit the premises, then turn off when you come back to the house.
- Receive mobile alerts when your components sense unusual motion or have need of a battery change.
- Link your home security to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the smartphone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Madison with a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of control over your home security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint security package, call (608) 470-6808 or send in the form on this page.