What should you do if your Madison home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your property – and your loved ones – against the various risks you could face, like burglary, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Despite the fact that your home might be ready, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Madison home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is often jarring, disorienting, and might cause panic. Your best choice is to stay calm and adhere to these easy suggestions.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Madison Triggers
Nobody wants to be in this predicament, but it’s also the reason why you ordered a home alarm system in the first place. You’re roused in the wee hours of the morning with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after one of your sensors has been activated. What are you going to do?
- Try not to panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is racing. But keeping yourself calm is the best way to assess the situation. Avoid the impulse of trying to deal with the emergency alone instead allow your monitoring staff and first responders to do their job.
- Protect your family members. Your priority should be your loved ones and getting them to safety. In the event of a break-in, this might involve moving to a predetermined safe zone as far away from entrances as possible. The intruder was likely already frightened away by the alarm, but it’s always smart to take extra precaution. If there’s fumes or a fire, you ought to leave your residence without delay.
- Grab your phone. Most homeowners keep their cell phones with them constantly these days, but you may neglect to pick it up during an emergency. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the chance to stay connected with your monitoring specialists and get notifications through your home security app.
Connect With Your 24/7 Monitoring Specialists
Any time your home alarm system in Madison goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring experts will spring to action. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that involves getting in contact with you. The procedure they abide by is dependent on the type of emergency. For instance, if the emergency is is for medical reasons, a single effort will be made to reach you before help is dispatched. If you’re dealing with a burglary alarm - the most frequent sort of event - a monitoring professional will abide by these procedures to reach out to you:
- An effort will be made to communicate with you using the command hub. You will generally be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that doesn’t prompt a reply, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is tried next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, local police officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring agents will follow up with you again after authorities are contacted.
If you're not in a position to converse with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Support will still be sent even if you're not available to confirm the emergency.
Be prepared for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Madison
Stay ready for any crisis with a modern home alarm system in Madison from Vivint. Contact (608) 470-6808 to begin the customization of your property’s protection today.